Saturday, February 12, 2011

Manufacture - Class 3

Today didn't go as well as I had hoped but I still got three parts completed. My problem was with the key part which took longer than expected to figure out. I got my key and the barrel surrounds finished today


Key
The key was much more complicated to complete than I had thought. I think I could have made it more realistic also but cutting out the pin pushing parts were difficult as I wanted them to coincide with the holes I have put in the key barrel


My Key


Barrel Surrounds
I was happy to have another easy piece to finish off this class as the key had frustrated my. To complete the barrel I:

  1. I sketched the profile of the barrel
  2. Created an axis in the centre of what is now the hole
  3. Used "revolve boss/ based" command to complete the piece

Barrel Surrounds

No comments:

Post a Comment